ANXIETY is a natural human reaction to life’s stressful events. The events don’t neccesarily have to be terrible situations. Think for a moment about your wedding day, starting a new job, going on a first date or even initiating a conversation with someone at a party. Everybody worries. But, are you missing out on opportunities and happiness because of it? While moderate anxiety can be limiting, severe anxiety can be crippling. Anxiety currently affects more than 20 million Americans making it the most common mental illness in the U.S. Anxiety often conjures up strange overwhelming physical symptoms, however if it is not happening too regularly you could still lead a normal life. If anxiety begins to affect your day-to-day level of functioning, then you need to take a closer look at possible triggers to your anxiety.
Read the following statements:
- I feel fearful for no reason.
- No matter what I do, I cant get my mind off my problems.
- I am easily, alarmed, frustrated and suprised.
- I experience shortness of breath or a choking feeling.
- My muscles are tense, achy and sore.
- I have sweaty, cold, or clammy hands.
- I spend time wondering why I feel the way I do.
- I am afraid of crowds, being left alone, the dark, strangers or traffic.
- I faint or feel like fainting.
- I have difficulty concentrating and remembering things.
- I feel tense or on edge.
- I have headaches and neck pain.
- I feel like I am losing control.
- To me the world is a scary place.
- I have pounding heart, palpitations, or elevated heart rate.
If ANY of these statements describe you more often than not, You could benefit from having the support of a counselor. Call 214-475-0345 to schedule your appointment today !